You’ve probably heard that before you ell you MUST de-clutter. But why? Is it REALLY important? Some reasons why:
- Too much stuff in a room simply makes it look smaller. Buyers love large, spacious rooms
- De-cluttering will also de-personalise your home. By removing your personal clutter, your buyers can more easily imagine themselves living there. This allows them to focus on the house rather than be distracted by your personal belongings.
- Potential buyers love homes with lots of storage. They do look in side cupboards, drawers, etc., its vital that you clear out all unnecessary clutter and show of as much storage as you can. – Common items that need to go: Groups of Small Decorator Items, Personal Collections, Books, Religious Icons, Artwork, Cleaning & Maintenance Items
- Start With A Plan
- Make the Time
- Use the 5 Bin System – Bin 1 – Throw Away; Bin 2 – Charity, Bin 3 – Sell, Bin 4 – Keep for Now & Bin 5 – Keep for Later.
- Remember Why You Are De-Cluttering – “Clutter Eats Cash”